These buttery cookies are filled with a sweet and tangy jam. You can even make your own jam! The pictured cookies are filled with homemade blackberry jam with blackberries grown from the backyard.
Makes about: 45 cookies
Prep time: 20-25 minutes
Bake time: 10 minutes/batch
2 ½ cups flour
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 cup butter
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup jam of choice (blackberry, raspberry, etc)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream butter.
- Two options:
- Soften in microwave and use a fork to form a paste with butter.
- Use hand mixer to form a paste with butter.
- Mix in sugar and egg.
- Add salt, baking soda, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Mix in flour. A soft dough should form.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on pan with at least ~1cm space between each (they spread a little).
- Using your thumb, make indentations in each ball.
- Spoon jam into indentations.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until the surface of the cookies is no longer shiny.
Soften butter to make it easier to cream
Dust hands with flour if you start sticking to the dough