Oatmeal Fudge Bars
Adapted from Allrecipes
This recipe is very easy to make, and yields an oatmeal cookie base topped with a sweet and creamy chocolate fudge.
Makes about: 30 bar cookies
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 30 minutes
cookie base and topping
2 cups brown sugar
¾ cup butter, softened
2 tsp vanilla
2 ½ cups flour
3 cups oats
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp butter
½ tsp salt
9×13 pan, lined with parchment paper
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Beat butter until smooth.
3. Add in brown sugar. Stir until smooth.
4. Add in vanilla and eggs. Combine thoroughly.
5. Stir in flour and oats.
6. Press 2/3 of dough mixture into prepared pan
7. To make filling: Melt the chocolate chips, condensed milk, butter, and salt together on low heat. Stir until everything is melted.
8. Pour filling on the dough mixture.
9. Sprinkle the last 1/3 of dough mixture on top of the filling.
10. Bake 30 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting. It will be much less sticky when it’s cool.