Cute and colorful cupcakes!
Makes about: 12
Prep time: 5 minutes
Bake time: 20 minutes
2 large eggs
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ cup butter, room temperature (or vegetable oil)
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup milk
2 cups powdered sugar
¼ cup softened butter
2 tbsp milk
½ tsp vanilla
muffin pan with liners or just well greased
1. Preheat oven until 350F.
2. Beat butter till smooth. Add in sugar and beat until smooth.
3. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
4. Beat in milk until combined.
5. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and mix until just combined.
6. Divide batter into the number of colors you which to have. If you have 5 colors, then get five bowls.
7. Drop food coloring in each bowl and mix. Do so until the batter reaches the desired shade.
8. Scoop batter by the spoonful into prepared muffin pan, color-by-color.
9. Bake 18-20 minutes until knife or toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
10. To make frosting: beat milk and softened butter until smooth. Add vanilla. Beat in powdered sugar until smooth.
11. To frost cupcakes: using a knife, spread frosting on the tops of the cupcakes.
• Fewer colors will probably turn out better. They also look good unfrosted 🙂
• Some colors don’t turn out that well in baked goods (e.g. purple).