Rich Cocoa Brownies
Adapted from Allrecipes
These brownies taste like a rich chocolate cake and are super easy to make. They’re a good choice when you don’t have much time for baking. They also last well in the mail.
Makes about: 30 brownies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 25-30 minutes
1 cup butter (or oil)
2 cups white sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven at 350F.
2. Melt butter in microwave or on low heat.
3. Mix in sugar and eggs. Beat until smooth.
4. Mix in vanilla, salt, and baking powder.
5. Mix in cocoa powder. Be careful—the powder may fly out if you mix too fast!
6. Mix in flour.
7. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until tester in the center comes out clean.
• Brownies taste better with butter, but you can substitute half of the fat with vegetable oil to make it a bit healthier (if brownies can be healthy at all) but to preserve the flavor of butter.