Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Cookies
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen
These chewy cookies are highly addictive. The original recipe calls for peanut butter, but almond butter has a milder flavor (and is good for those who are allergic to peanuts!). I used raw almond butter from Trader Joe’s, but any other type should work fine as well.
Makes about: 30 cookies
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 10-12 mins/batch
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup almond butter
¾ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 tbsp milk (I used soymilk)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ¼ cups flour
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
1 cup chocolate chips
white sugar, for rolling (about ½ cup)
nothing special-just pans, bowls, and spatula
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Beat butter and almond butter until smooth.
3. Beat in white sugar and brown sugar.
4. Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla extract.
5. Stir in flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
6. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. Drop by teaspoonfuls into a bowl of sugar. Roll until covered.
8. Place on parchment paper about 2 cm apart. You can indent with a fork if you’d like.
9. Bake 10-12 minutes and let cool before moving.