These chocolate pecan bars aren’t too sweet and aren’t too rich, but are still very delicious.
Makes about: 36 bars
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 20 minutes+15 minutes
½ cup unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/3 cup flour
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup chopped pecans
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/3 cup corn syrup
1 tbsp all purpose flour
1/8 tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla
1 cup pecans
1 cup chocolate chips
9×13 pan, lined with parchment paper
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Toast pecans for 6-8 minutes.
3. Make crust first. Mix butter with sugar and salt.
4. Crumble in flour and pecans. Mixture will be crumbly/sandy. Press into prepared pan and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
5. To make filling, mix together the egg, brown sugar, and corn syrup.
6. Stir in vanilla, salt, and flour.
7. Pour filling over prepared crust and spread evenly.
8. Sprinkle 1 cup pecans over top.
9. Sprinkle 1 cup chocolate chips or chunks over top.
10. Bake 10-15 minutes or until top is browned.
11. If chocolate are still in chocolate chip shape, you can use a spoon spread the chocolate out.
12. Let cool, then cut into squares and serve!