Mark Bittman’s Oatmeal Cookies
Adapted from Mark Bittman’s The Food Matters Cookbook
The cookies are soft and chewy, but you can bake them longer to make them crispier. I had some extra chocolates, so I chopped them up and used them in place of chocolate chips.
Makes about: 80 small cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 8-10 minutes/batch
½ cup vegetable oil
½ cup soy milk (or any other type of milk)
½ tsp vanilla
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
¾ cup whole wheat flour
¾ cup all-purpose flour
2 cups chocolate chips (original recipe: 4 oz)
nothing special-just pans, bowls, and spatula
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Mix eggs, vanilla, vegetable oil, and soymilk
3. Add in brown sugar and white sugar.
4. Mix in salt, baking powder, and the two flours.
5. Stir in oats.
6. Mix in chocolate chips.
7. Scoop by teaspoons onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
8. Bake 8-10 minutes. Let cool before storing.