Peanut Blossom Cookies I
Adapted from Allrecipes
Makes about: 70 cookies
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
1 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
¼ cup milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
½ cup white sugar (for decoration)
~1 cup large chocolate chips (or chocolate candy kisses—original recipe calls for 2 9oz bags)
nothing special-just pans, bowls, and spatula
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Beat butter and peanut butter until smooth.
3. Beat in white sugar and brown sugar.
4. Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla extract.
5. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt.
6. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. Drop by teaspoonfuls into a bowl of sugar. Roll until covered.
8. Place on parchment paper about 2 cm apart.
9. Press a chocolate chip into the center of the cookie. (Note: original recipe suggests pressing chocolate kiss immediately after removing from the oven).
10. Bake 10-12 minutes and let cool before moving.