Source: Smitten Kitchen
These lovely scones are can be cut into a variety of shapes and decorated in a variety of ways. Yum!
Makes about: 16 scones
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 12-15 minutes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1tbsp baking powder
3 tbsp sugar
½ tsp salt
5 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
½ cup dried cranberries, chopped
1 cup heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. Add in butter and combine with flour until the mixture appears sandy. You can use your fingers to rub the butter into the dough. Alternately, use two knives, or a blender, or a food processor.
4. Add in dried cranberries.
5. Pour cream into the dry mixture and stir to combine until dough forms.
6. Form dough into a ball and divide in half.
7. Pat each half into a circle and cut into 8 wedges with a knife.
8. Place wedges ½ inch apart on baking sheet. (If desired, sprinkle tops with sugar)
9. Bake 12-15 minutes until top is slightly golden brown.