Walnut Brie Scones
Adapted from About.com
This makes a delicious savory scone. It’s also a great way to use up brie, if you somehow have extra on your hands.
Makes about: 16 medium scones
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 18 minutes
5 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into chunks
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ cup milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
4 ½ oz brie, cut into small pieces, rind removed
1 cup chopped walnuts
egg or milk
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Toast walnuts by placing on a baking sheet and roasting for 6-8 minutes.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. Add in butter and combine with flour until the mixture appears sandy. You can use your fingers to rub the butter into the dough.
5. Toss in brie and toasted walnuts and mix together with dry ingredients until the cheese is covered in flour.
6. Pour eggs and milk into the dry mixture.
7. Combine mixture until it comes together into a cohesive dough.
8. Divide the dough in half. Pat into circle. Cut into 8 wedges.
9. Place wedges ½ inch apart on baking sheet. Brush with egg or milk.
10. Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until golden brown.