Classic Brownies from Smitten Kitchen
Source: Smitten Kitchen
These brownies are rich and delicious, but not quite as gooey as this recipe.
Makes about: One 8×8 pan, or about 24 brownies
Bake time: 25-30 minutes
½ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
3 oz unsweetened chocolate
6 tbsp unsalted butter
½ cup+2 tbsp flour
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
1 cup+2 tbsp sugar
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
8×8 pan and a pot for melting chocolate.
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Spread walnuts on baking pan and toast for 6-8 minutes.
3. Melt chocolate and butter together over low heat.
4. Whisk in eggs and vanilla extract.
5. Stir in flour, salt, and baking powder.
6. Mix in walnuts.
7. Pour into parchment-lined 8×8 baking pan.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a knife in the center comes out clean.