Favorite Brownies from Smitten Kitchen
Source: Smitten Kitchen
These simple brownies are dense, gooey and rich and are delicious with ice cream.
Makes about: One 8×8 pan; about 25 pieces
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 25-30 minutes
3 oz unsweetened chocolate
½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
1 1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
¼ tsp salt
2/3 cup flour
8×8 pan, pot for melting chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Melt butter and chocolate together over low heat.
3. Whisk in sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
4. Stir in salt and flour until just combined.
5. Pour into parchment-lined 8×8 baking pan.
6. Bake 25-30 minutes until a knife in the center comes out clean.
7. Let cool before cutting.