These healthy and delicious oatmeal pancakes are topped with a healthier version of pear pie.
Makes about: 12 small (3’’) pancakes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: ~8-10 minutes/batch
1 cup whole-wheat flour
2 tbsp brown sugar
1.5 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
1 cup oats (I used muesli)
1 cup soymilk
2 small pears, grated (about 1 cup)
Sauteed cinnamon pears
1.5 tsp butter
4 small pears (2 cups), peeled and chopped
1.5 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and oats. If desired, use a food processor or immersion blender to grind the dry mixture into a coarse meal. (This makes for a smoother pancake with smaller oat chunks).
2. Mix in soymilk, eggs, and grated pears.
3. To make pancakes, use a pancake griddle or use a nonstick pan over low-medium heat. When the edges have cooked, flip the pancake.
4. To make the cinnamon pear topping, melt butter over medium heat. Add pears, sugar, and cinnamon. Mix to combine. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has thickened. (The pears will ooze some juice when you cook them).
5. Spoon finished topping over pancakes and enjoy!