Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
Adapted from A Passion for Baking
I’ve adapted by reducing fat and sugar, so they’re not too sweet—just like the biscotti, actually. They’re still chocolatey, fudgy, and rich. By the way, these cookies don’t spread.
Makes about: 48+6 tsp size cookies
Prep time: 10 mins to mix
Bake time: bake 6-8 minutes/batch
½ cup butter
½ cup+1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup + 2 tbsp flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
2 tbsp milk
½ cup toasted hazelnuts
½ cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Cream butter, sugar, egg, milk and vanilla together.
3. Mix in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
4. Stir in hazelnuts and chocolate chips.
5. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto parchment-lined sheet.
6. Bake 6-8 minutes, until cookies look dull on top.