Moosewood Fudge Brownies
Source: The New Moosewood Cookbook
These make some deliciously dense and fudgy brownies that are amazing with ice cream.
Makes about: one 9×13 pan
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 20-25 minutes
5 oz unsweetened chocolate
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 ¾ cups brown sugar
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour (or ¾ cup for fudgier brownies)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper.
2. Melt together chocolate and butter over low heat.
3. Mix in brown sugar.
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
5. Stir in vanilla.
6. Mix in flour until just combined.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.