Pear Walnut Cake
Adapted from “Euro Pane Pear Cake” from the Los Angeles Times
The original recipe makes a huge amount of cake, so I halved the recipe and still came out with lots of cake. It’s still very sweet, so you could reduce the sugar even further. It’s super moist, and still great a few days later. The nuts add a nice crunch.
Makes about: 50 pieces (9×13 pan)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 20 minutes
1 ½ cups flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp salt
1 cup sugar
½ cup oil
4 small ripe Anjou pears, peeled, cored, and chopped into small chunks
1 cup toasted chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Toast walnuts for 6-8 minutes.
3. Mix together eggs, oil, and sugar in a large bowl.
4. Mix in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
5. Add in pear chunks.
6. Pour into prepared parchment-lined pan.
7. Sprinkle toasted walnuts evenly over batter.
8. Bake 20 minutes, or until knife in the center comes out clean.