These aren’t the most attractive cookies, but they are packed with delicious lime flavor. They’re slice and bake cookies, which means that you can save the dough for later in the freezer.
Makes about:50-60 thinly sliced cookies
Prep time: 10 to mix+30 to freeze
Bake time: 8-10 minutes
¾ cup butter
1/3 cup powdered sugar
zest of 2 limes (optional)
2 tbsp lime juice (I used 3 tbsp)
1 tbsp vanilla
1 ¾ cup + 2tbsp flour
2 tbsp cornstarch
¼ tsp salt
2/3 cup powdered sugar (for dusting)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Cream butter with 1/3 cup of powdered sugar
3. Mix in lime juice and vanilla.
4. Add in salt, flour, and cornstarch and mix until a dough forms
5. Divide the dough in half and form two logs about 1 inch in diameter.
6. Freeze logs for about 30 minutes to an hour. This makes the cookies easier to slice.
7. Slice cookies thinly (1/4 inch or so).
8. Place cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
9. Bake 8-10 min, or until cookies are slightly golden brown.
10. Roll cookies in 2/3 c powdered sugar. You’ll likely need less. The easiest way to do it is to put the sugar in a small ziplock bag, and to add a few cookies at a time. Shake the bag gently, and the sugar will distribute itself over the cookies.