Chocolate Coconut Cupcakes
Adapted from In The Little Red House
I had some extra coconut milk, and wanted a creative way to use it. These little cakes were delightfully light and fluffy. I don’t like frosting, so I didn’t make any.
Makes about: 24 regular+12 little cupcakes (4 little cupcakes ~1 big)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 15-20 minutes
¾ c cocoa
¾ c boiling water
6 tbsp oil
1 ½ cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup coconut milk
1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ cup chocolate chips
muffin pan and liners
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare muffin pans with paper liners or by greasing the pans.
2. Add boiling water to the cocoa and whisk until combined.
3. Whisk in oil, sugar, and coconut milk.
4. Stir in powder, soda, and salt.
5. Whisk in eggs. If the mixture is too hot, let it cool for a bit before adding in the eggs, since you don’t want them to cook and form eggy bits inside the cupcake.
6. Stir in flour.
7. Add in chocolate chips.
8. Fill muffin cups about ¾ full.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
10. Frost if desired, and enjoy!