Maple Walnut Shortbread Cookies
Adapted from Allrecipes
These bars have a thin and gooey walnut-maple topping and a buttery crust. They’re an indulgence that’s not too rich.
Makes about: 1 8×8 tray
Prep time: 10-20 minutes.
Bake time: 10-15 minutes for crust, 8-12 minutes for the filling
1 cup flour
1/3 c brown sugar
½ cup butter
¼ cup toasted chopped walnuts
¼ tsp salt
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp maple syrup
3/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts (can increase to 1 cup if desired)
8×8 baking pan
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare 8×8 baking pan by lining with parchment paper.
2. Mix together flour, brown sugar, salt, and butter until crumbly.
3. Mix in walnuts.
4. Press into prepared pan.
5. Bake crust for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Meanwhile, mix together the egg, brown sugar, maple syrup, and walnuts to make the filling.
7. Pour over finished crust.
8. Bake about 8-12 minutes, or until filling sets.