Brie and Chive Biscuits
Source: Real Simple
These are delicious and tender brie biscuits with tons of cheese. I added an egg wash to give it some color.
Makes about: 30 1.5’’ inch biscuits
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 15-20 minutes
2 cups flour
¾ tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
6 tbsp cold butter
6 oz brie, cut into 1/2’’ pieces, with rind included (I used chive-covered brie from Trader Joe’s)
2 tbsp minced chives, fresh (subbed green onion b/c didn’t have chives)
¾ cup buttermilk
1 egg, for egg wash
Cookie cutter or round glass
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Mix together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
3. Cut in butter to the dry mixture. Use your fingers or a hand mixer; the mixture should be crumbly.
4. Chives (or green onion) and brie. Toss to cover.
5. Add in buttermilk and knead the dough until it comes together.
6. Divide dough into two pieces.
7. Pat each piece into a circle about ¾ inch thick and cut out circles using a cookie cutter or the rim of a drinking glass.
8. Place biscuits on prepared baking sheets.
9. Brush with egg.
10. Bake 15-20 mins or until top is golden brown. Note: cheese will ooze out!