Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: Smitten Kitchen
Makes about: 45 cookies (using a tablespoon to scoop)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 12-15 minutes/batch
These chocolate chip cookies are thick and chewy. Mine didn’t really spread at all, but it might be that I made smaller cookies. I also froze balls of dough for future use. Also, the bake time seems to depend on how crispy you like your cookies. Baking for 15 minutes yields a crisper and more toasted cookies (the darker ones above), unless 1) you’ve made a gigantic cookie or 2) you are baking frozen cookie dough.
¾ cup melted unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
2 cups flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare baking pans by greasing or lining with parchment.
2. Mix together melted butter, vanilla, brown sugar, white sugar, egg and egg yolk.
3. Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Scoop cookies by tablespoonfuls for more reasonably sized cookies, or ¼ cup scoop, as Smitten Kitchen suggests, to yield cookies that are 4x bigger.
6. Bake 12-15 minutes, or until cookies are barely golden brown
7. You can freeze these and bake them later.