French Yogurt Cake
Source: New York Times
This yogurt cake is moist and a bit dense, with a hint of lemon. It’s a bit like a lighter version of a lemon bar because of the combined flavors of the eggs and lemon. Anyhow, this is really easy to make, and perhaps it’s a little better for you than traditional pound cake 🙂
Makes about: 1 loaf
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 60-70minutes
½ cup yogurt, plain
3 large eggs
¼ tsp vanilla
½ cup oil
1 cup sugar
zest of 1 lemon (used about 1 tsp)
1 ½ cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare loaf pan by lining with parchment paper or greasing
2. Mix together yogurt, eggs, vanilla, and oil.
3. Add in sugar and lemon zest.
4. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt until just combined. (Don’t overmix!)
5. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 50-70 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Let cool before slicing.