Makes about: 24 mini cakes
Prep time: 10 minutes (batter)+10 minutes (cooling)+10 minutes (dipping)
Bake time: 12-15 minutes
These tiny cakes are topped with a silky ganache—truly a rich mouthful.
6 oz bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 cup unsalted butter
1 ½ cups + 1 tbsp sugar
¾ cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp cornstarch
¼ tsp salt
4 large eggs
4 oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
2/3 cup heavy cream
Mini muffin pan
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare muffin pan by lining with paper liners, or by using butter.
2. Melt butter. Pour butter over the chocolate. Mix until chocolate is completely melted.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt.
4. Add flour mixture to chocolate-butter mixture in batches, whisking well after each addition.
5. Add in 2 eggs, then whisk until combined.
6. Add the remaining 2 eggs, and whisk until just combined.
7. Fill baking cups ¾ full with batter.
8. Bake 12-15 minutes, until the tops just start to crack. Let cakes cool completely.
9. Prepare ganache: bring cream to a boil. Pour cream over chocolate. Mix until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
10. Dip the tops of friands in the ganache. Shake gently to let the excess off the sites.
11. Let the ganache set for 1 hour. Enjoy!