Nutmeg Maple Butter Cookies
Source: Smitten Kitchen
Makes about: 34 small cookies, 6 larger
Prep time: 1.5 hours (mostly chilling time)
Bake time: 8-11 minutes/batch
These cookies are very sweet and very buttery with a hint of maple flavor. Mine didn’t have much of maple taste, but maybe it’s because I used grade A instead of grade B maple syrup.
½ cup (1 stick) butter
½ cup sugar
¼ cup maple syrup (orig asks for grade B, used grade A)
½ large egg yolk
1 ½ cup flour
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1 cup sugar
½ cup maple syrup
1 large egg yolk
3 cup flour
½ tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp salt
Rolling pin, cookie cutters.
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Cream together butter and sugar.
3. Add in yolk and maple syrup.
4. Mix in flour, nutmeg, and salt.
5. Gather the dough into a ball. Chill until firm (about 1 hour in the freezer). It might be easier to roll out the dough, then to chill it.
6. Roll out dough and cut out cookies. If you like, roll cookies in a mixture of sugar and spice (1:2 ratio of spice and sugar).
7. Bake 8-11 minutes, or until cookies very slightly golden brown.