These little cakes are not very sweet and have a nice chocolate flavor. They puff up nicely while baking and are moist and slightly dense. I made a third of the original recipe, with the proportions noted below.
Makes about: 12 mini muffins
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 20-25 minutes
2 1/3 oz semisweet chocolate
2 tbsp+2 tsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp+ 2 tsp yogurt
1/3 cup sugar
½ tsp vanilla
1/6 tsp almond extract (I omitted this)
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
1/6 tsp salt
Mini muffin pan
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare muffin pan by lining it with paper or greasing it well.
2. Melt together the chocolate and vegetable oil over low heat.
3. Mix in yogurt, sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract (if using), and egg.
4. Mix in flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. Scoop into prepared pan.
6. Bake 20-25 minute, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.