Plum Cardamom Bars
Source: The Bojon Gourmet
I received a jar of plum jam as a Christmas gift, and decided use it to make some cookies. The plum jam was slightly tart and a nice contrast to the sweet and crunchy cookie base.
Makes about: One 8×8 pan or twelve 12’’ bars
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 45 minutes
¾ cups + 2tbsp all-purpose flour
¾ cup rolled oats
½ cup brown sugar
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp ground cardamom
½ cup butter, diced
1 cup plum jam
Food processor or blender (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare an 8×8 baking pan by lining with parchment paper.
2. Combine flour, oats, sugar, salt and cardamom in a blender or food processor. Pulse until large crumbs form.
3. Add in butter. Pulse until the mixture clumps a bit, but is still crumbly. (Alternately, just mix the ingredients together).
4. Pour 2/3 of the crumbly mixture into the prepared pan and press down.
5. Spread evenly jam over the crust.
6. Pour the last 1/3 of the crumbly mixture over the jam and pat down
7. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.