Source: Joy of Baking
Makes about: 9 (tablespoon size)
Prep time: 10 minutes + 30 minutes (fridge)
Bake time: 10-15 minutes
These macaroons are moist and very chocolately, and they soften a bit with time. I made a third of the original recipe.
Small batch (9 macaroons)
1 1/3 oz semisweet chocolate
1 egg white
1 tbsp + 1 tsp cocoa powder
1/12 tsp salt (I used a dash)
1/3 tsp vanilla
5/6 cups shredded, sweetened coconut (about ¾ cup + 1 tbsp + 1 tsp)
4 oz semisweet chocolate
3 egg whites
¼ cup cocoa powder
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 2/3 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
Baking pan, lined with parchment paper.
1. Melt chocolate in microwave or on the stove over low heat.
2. Lightly whisk egg white.
3. Whisk in cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla.
4. Stir in melted chocolate.
5. Stir in coconut.
6. Chill for about 30 minutes to 1 hour, or until the mixture is firm. Preheat oven to 350F.
7. Scoop by tablespoons onto a prepared baking pan.
8. Bake at 350F for 10-15 minutes.