Orange Almond Macaroons
Source: Feed Zone
Makes about: 10 small macaroons (1 tbsp scoop)
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Bake time: 10-15 minutes
This is a quarter of the original recipe, and portions are smaller. These nice and chewy macaroons are very to make easy and are gluten-free. The first time I made these, I didn’t have unsweetened coconut, so I omitted the extra applesauce or honey. The second time around, I used unsweetened coconut, which made them slightly less sweet.
¼ cup raw almonds
1 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut*
¼ tsp vanilla
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp orange marmalade
¾ tsp to 1½ tsp apple sauce or additional honey
1 egg white
*I used sweetened coconut and omitted the applesauce/additional honey
Blender/food processor and hand mixer
1. Preheat to 350F. Prepare a baking pan by lining it with parchment paper.
2. Process almonds till ground
3. Add coconut, vanilla, honey, marmalade and pulse.
4. Add applesauce or honey if desired until mixture forms a thick paste.
5. In separate bowl, beat egg white till stiff.
6. Combine eggs and the rest of the ingredients.
7. Scoop by tablespoons onto prepared pan.
8. Bake 10-15 minutes until tops are lightly golden brown.