Espresso Chocolate Shortbread
Source: Smitten Kitchen
Makes about: 28 1×2’’ squares
Prep time: 10 minutes+30-45 minutes for freezing
Bake time: 12-20 minutes
These cookies are flaky, buttery, intensely coffee flavored, and not too sweet. They are great if you like a not so sweet cookie. I also made a half recipe.
½ tbsp. instant espresso powder
½ tbsp. water
1 stick butter
1/3 c confectioner’s sugar
¼ tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
3/8 mini choco chips
Gallon sized ziplock bag, rolling pin
1. Preheat the oven to 325F.
2. Mix together espresso powder and water until the powder is dissolved.
3. Cream together butter, sugar, and vanilla.
4. Mix in espresso liquid.
5. Add in flour and chocolate chips.
6. Transfer dough into the Ziploc bag and roll out in a rectangle about ¼’’ thick.
7. Freeze the dough in the Ziplock bag until it’s solid (30min-1h)
8. Remove dough from the bag (will require destroying the bag) and cut cookies into 1’’x2’’ rectangles. Place on prepared baking pan.
9. Bake 18-20 minutes (I did about 12 minutes)