Chocolate Chip Cookies from Joy of Cooking
Source: Joy of Cooking
Makes About: 24 cookies (1.5 tablespoon scoop)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 8-10 minutes
These chocolate chip cookies are similar to Mark Bittman’s, except that there’s lots more vanilla and slightly more sugar. I think I like the addition of more vanilla.
½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 cup + 2 tbsp flour
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1½ tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
¾ cup walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Prepare baking pan.
2. Cream together butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
3. Mix in egg.
4. Mix in flour, baking soda, salt, and vanilla.
5. Mix in chocolate chips
6. Scoop onto prepared pan. Cookies spread quite a bit, so leave some space.
7. Bake 8-12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.