Source: Joy of Cooking
Makes about: 24 cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 5 min+18 minutes
These delicious jam cookies are not too sweet. The cookie itself is buttery and slightly crispy, which makes a nice contrast to the sweet and sticky jam.
½ cup sugar
½ cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 ½ cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
Jam of choice (I used raspberry)
Sugar for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Prepare baking pan with parchment paper
2. Cream together butter and sugar
3. Mix in vanilla and eggs
4. Add in flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. Form dough into 1’’ balls.
6. Roll cookies in sugar (I skipped this step.)
7. Place balls on baking sheet and bake 5 minutes.
8. Remove balls from oven and use your finger (or the end of a utensil) to poke dents in the tops of the balls.
9. Scoop jam into the dents just created.
10. Return cookies to oven and bake another 8 minutes.