Milk Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies from Flour
Crispy and delicious cookies. I like the pairing of milk chocolate and the hazelnut—reminds me of nutella ☺ These cookies do brown and spread. Nice crispy cookie with contrasting bits inside. Also I neglected to grind half the hazelnuts, and ended up just adding all of them in (and also forgot to chop them). They still turned out fine with whole hazelnuts. Also I made half of the original recipe.
Makes about: 27 cookies, tablespoons
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 15 mins/batch
6.5 tbsp butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
¼ tsp vanilla
¾ cup blanched toasted whole hazelnuts (I used roasted hazelnuts that still had skins)
¾ cup flour
½ tsp baking soda
3/8 tsp salt
6 oz milk chocolate
Something to grind the hazelnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Cream together butter and sugars till fluffy.
3. Add egg and vanilla.
4. Grind half the hazelnuts and chop the other half. Add in to egg mixture. Alternately, if you skip this step, the cookies will still be fine.
5. Blend in flour, baking soda, and salt.
6. Mix in milk chocolate.
7. Let dough rest for a few hours (or, you can bake right away).
8. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown.