Neely’s Lime Bars
Source: Food Network
These are very sweet bars. I omitted the zest because I was too lazy to zest the limes. You’ll get more lime flavor if you put in the zest, but it was still good without it. There’s a very high crust to filling ratio, which I didn’t like as much.
Makes about: one 9×13 pan
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 25 minutes (crust) +25-30 minutes (filling)
1 cup butter
½ cup confectioner’s sugar
2 cups flour
pinch of salt
2 cups sugar
6 tbsp flour
¼ cup+ 2 tbsp lime juice
2 tsp lime zest
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Cream together butter, confectioner’s sugar.
3. Mix in flour, salt. Should be sandy in texture.
4. Press into prepared pan.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
6. Mix together eggs, sugar, flour, lime juice, and zest until well blended.
7. Pour over prepared crust.
8. Bake until the filling sets (no longer jiggly), about 25-30 minutes.
9. Let cool completely before cutting (place in freezer or fridge to help that process along.