Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies from Joy of Cooking
Source: Joy of Cooking
Makes About: 50 cookies (1.5 tablespoon scoop)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 10-12 minutes
1 ¾ cup flour
¾ tsp baking soda
¾ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup butter
¼ cup sugar
1 ½ cup brown sugar
2 ½ tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
3 ½ cup rolled oats
¾ cup walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Prepare baking pan.
2. Cream together butter and brown sugar.
3. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
4. Mix in flour, baking soda,baking powder, and salt.
5. Mix in oats.
6. Mix in chocolate chips and walnuts.
7. Scoop onto prepared pan. Cookies don’t spread much.
8. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown. (If you want flat cookies, feel free to squish them with a spoon halfway through baking).