Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies from Mark Bittman
Source: How to Cook Everything
These cookies are fairly pale, and I didn’t quite understand why I needed to add milk at all. Anyways, they turned out to slightly more cake/scone-like than crispy-cookie like and very very pale looking. Not sure I’d use this recipe again.
Makes About: 20 cookies (1.5 tablespoon scoop)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 10-12 minutes
4 tbsp butter
¼ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
¾ cup flour
1 cup rolled oats
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
¼ cup milk
¼ tsp vanilla
¼ tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Prepare baking pan.
2. Cream together butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
3. Mix in egg and milk.
4. Mix in flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and vanilla.
5. Mix in chocolate chips
6. Scoop onto prepared pan. Cookies don’t really spread, but still leave some room.
7. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cookies will still be fairly pale.