Toasted Coconut Shortbread
Source: Smitten Kitchen
Makes about: 20 small (2’’) cookies
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Bake time: 15-20 minutes
I made a half of the original recipe (half recipe listed below). These cookies are very crispy and buttery with just a hint of coconut. I’d suggest rolling the dough out, then chilling it. Chilled dough is easier to cut with cookie cutter but it’s hard to roll out!
¼ cup sweetened shredded coconut
6 tbsp butter
3 tbsp sugar
3/8 tsp salt
¼ tsp vanilla
2/3 cup flour
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare baking skeet.
2. Toast coconut for about 8 minutes. Grind until smooth or use your fingers to break them up
3. Cream together butter and sugar.
4. Add in salt, vanilla.
5. Add in flour. Mix until combined.
6. Roll dough out until ¼’’ thick. Chill the dough.
7. Using your favorite cookie cutter, cut the dough.
8. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.