Source: The Food Matters Cookbook by Mark Bittman
Makes about: about 20 cookies, tablespoon scoop
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Bake time: 12-15 minutes
These cookies are crunchy and slightly crispy with a nice banana flavor. I enjoyed the difference in textures. There’s no added sugar in this cookie, so I’m not sure we can actually call it a cookie ☺ I imagine you could make it vegan by not using butter, and it’s already gluten-free!
4 tbsp unsalted butter
3 large ripe bananas
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 c rolled oats
½ c chopped cashews or macadamias
1 c shredded, unsweetened coconut
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare baking pan by lining with parchment.
2. Melt butter.
3. Mash bananas in a large bowl (use your hands!). Mix in butter and vanilla.
4. Mix in oats, cashews, coconut, baking powder, and salt.
5. Scoop by tablespoons onto prepared pan.
6. Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Enjoy!