World Peace Chocolate Cookies
Source: Smitten Kitchen
These cookies are packed with so much chocolate. They’re soft and a bit chewy on the outside and utterly delicious.
Makes about: 24-36 cookies, depending on how thick you cut them
Prep time: 15 minutes+3h chilling the dough
Bake time: 10-12 mins
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 stick plus 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
2/3 cup (packed) light brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped into chips, or 3/4 cup store-bought mini chocolate chips
1. Beat butter until creamy.
2. Add in sugar, salt, and vanilla. Beat until creamy.
3. Add in cocoa, baking soda, and flour. Mix until combined.
4. Mix in chocolate pieces.
5. Gather dough together into a ball and divide in half.
6. Shape each half into a log that is 1.5’’ in diameter. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate the dough for 3h (or freeze for 1h).
7. To bake: preheat oven to 325F.
8. Slice the dough logs into ½’’ slices. Place cookies on prepared baking sheet (parchment or silicone mat) at least 1’’ apart.
9. Bake 10-12 minutes. Enjoy! SK notes they will not look done at 12 minutes.