Blueberry Boy Bait
Source: Smitten Kitchen
Makes about: 9×13” pan
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 45-50 minutes
This cake is very light, fluffy and moist, which was surprising for something with so much butter! I used almond milk instead of regular milk, which turned out fine. I’ve also substituted vegetable oil for the butter, which has also turned out equally delicious. I’ve also only used frozen blueberries with great success. It’s quick and easy cake to make, especially if you have frozen blueberries on hand!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon table salt
16 tablespoons unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened (can also use vegetable oil)
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 cup milk (used almond milk)
1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (do not defrost frozen ones)+ 1tsp flour
1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (do not defrost)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare 9×13’’ baking pan with parchment paper or by greasing.
2. Beat together butter and sugar.
3. Add eggs and milk.
4. Mix in flour.
5. Mix blueberries with 1tsp flour. Mix into batter.
6. Spread into prepared pan.
7. For topping: scatter blueberries over batter.
8. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over batter.
9. Bake 45-50 mins, until knife inserted into the center comes out clean.