Healthier Blueberry Cake
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen
Makes about: 8×8 pan
Prep time:5 mins
Bake time: 30-35 mins
This blueberry cake is light and fluffy, just like the original Bluebery Boy Bait from Smitten Kitchen—and you can’t stop eating it! This is a smaller recipe with vegetable oil instead of butter and less sugar and also has some whole wheat flour.
½ cup whole wheat flour
½ cup all-purpose flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ cup canola oil
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup soy milk (or regular milk)
¼ cup blueberries+1.5 tsp flour
¼ cup blueberries
2 tbsp sugar (I used brown)
¼ tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Whisk together eggs, oil.
3. Whisk in brown sugar
4. Mix in eggs
5. Mix in flour, baking soda, salt.
6. Mix blueberries with flour. Mix into batter.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan.
8. Sprinkle blueberries over top.
9. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar mix over the top.
10. Bake 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.