Lime Yogurt Cake
Source: Smitten Kitchen
So I had some limes, and some yogurt…and decided to make this cake. The cake was very moist and fairly similar to other citrus-juiced-based cakes. It didn’t really rise that much and was pretty dense, but I also baked it in a loaf pan and not a 9’’ round pan.
Makes about: 1 loaf
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 40 minutes
1 cup whole milk plain unsweetened yogurt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
zest of one lime
1/4 cup lime juice
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare 9’’ round pan or 9×5 loaf pan with parchment or greasing.
2. Whisk together yogurt, oil, eggs.
3. Mix in sugar and lime juice.
4. Mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda salt.
5. Pour into prepared pan.
6. Bake 40 minutes or until knife comes out clean in center.