Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
Source: Amateur Gourmet
Makes about: 20 cookies, tbsp scoop
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 8-10 minutes
This cookie is very chocolatey and nicely spiced. The texture is like a brownie in a cookie form (well, fudgy in that way). The chocolate bits melt right into the cookie, so make sure to have small pieces. Also, you’ll need to flatten these cookies, because they don’t spread. Included below is the half recipe.
½ cup + 2tbsp flour
¼ cup almond butter
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
¼ tsp vanilla
¼ tsp almond extract (I substituted vanilla here)
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup Dutch cocoa (I used natural, and it seemed fine)
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
¼ cup mini chocolate chips (or, regular chips, chopped)
1/8 cup sugar for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare baking sheet with silicone/parchment paper.
2. Cream together butter, almond butter, butter.
3. Mix in sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, pepper.
4. Mix in cocoa and flour.
5. Mix in chocolate chips.
6. Roll into balls and roll in sugar.
7. Place on prepared pan and flatten.
8. Chill cookies until firm (I froze them for later use)
9. Bake 8-10 minutes. Enjoy!