Outrageous Brownies from Ina Garten
Source: Smitten Kitchen
Makes about: One 9×13’’ pan
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 20+15 minutes
I made 1/3 of the original recipe, since the original was too much, and this math was easier. I also used a 9×13 pan, so the original brownies were quite thick. The final result is very rich—strong flavors of hazelnut and coffee. I liked the strong coffee flavor, but depends on your taste.
1 stick + 3tbsp butter
5 oz semisweet chocolate chips
2 oz unsweetened chocolate
1 tbsp instant coffee granules
2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3cup+ 1 tbsp sugar
1/3 cup+ 1tbsp flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 tsp salt
1 tbsp + 1 tsp flour
1 cup chopped walnuts (I used hazelnuts)
4 oz semisweet chocolate chips
1) Melt together 5 oz of chocolate chips, the unsweetened chocolate, and butter
2) Mix in eggs, coffee, vanilla
3) Mix in 1/3 cup of flour, powder, and salt
4) Mix the rest of the chocolate chips and nuts with 1 tbsp+ 1tsp flour, then add.
5) Bake 20 minutes, rap to force air to escape.
6) Bake another 15 minutes until knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
7) Let brownies cool. Enjoy!