Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
Source: Ina Garten
Makes about: one 9×13 tray (half of original recipe)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 45 minutes.
These bar cookies were very sweet and full of familiar flavors (peanut butter and jelly!). They were crunchy on top, with sugar soft inner filling.
1 stick butter
¾ cup sugar
½ tsp vanilla
1 cup peanut butter
1 ½ cup flour
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup jam (I used 18oz jar—25 tbsp jar)
1/3 cup peanuts, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare 9×13’’ baking pan with parchment paper or greased foril.
2. Cream butter, peanut butter, and sugar together.
3. Mix in vanilla extract and egg.
4. Beat in flour, baking powder, salt.
5. Spread 2/3 of dough into prepared pan.
6. Spread jam over the cookie dough.
7. Sprinkle remaining 1/3 of dough over jam.
8. Bake 45 minutes or until top is golden brown.