Carrot Cake from Cooking Light
Source: Cooking Light
This cake is quite moist and keeps for a while. It’s very sweet, so I didn’t make the frosting and instead, sprinkled ½ cup chopped walnuts over top before baking. I also used olive oil instead of butter.
Makes about: one 9×13’’ pan
Prep time: 15 min
Bake time: 30 min
10.1 ounces all-purpose flour (about 2 1/4 cups)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups grated carrot
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
6 tablespoons butter, softened
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare 9×13’’ pan.
2. Mix together eggs, sugars, butter, and carrots together.
3. Mix in vanilla extract and buttermilk.
4. Mix in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
5. Pour into prepared pan. Bake about 30 minutes, or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.