Peanut Mini-Blossom Cookies
Source: Joy of Baking
Instead of having a chocolate kiss pressed into the center, these cookies have a large chocolate chip pressed into the center (hence, mini-blossoms). The combination of peanut butter and chocolate is quite delicious ☺ Of course, you can feel free to follow the original recipe, which uses regular-sized kisses.
Makes about: 60 tiny cookies
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 8-10 minutes
½ cup unsalted butter
¾ cups peanut butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp milk
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1/3 cup sugar (for coating—optional)
48 unwrapped chocolate kisses (I used 60 chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare baking pans by lining with parchment paper or by greasing.
2. Cream together butter and peanut butter until smooth.
3. Add in brown sugar, sugar, and egg. Blend until smooth.
4. Stir in vanilla and milk and mix until well combined.
5. Add in flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until fully combined.
6. Using your hands, form the dough into small balls. Roll in sugar if desired, and place on baking pans.
7. If using semi-sweet chocolate chips, you can press the chocolate chips into the center of the cookies before baking. If you are using the chocolate kisses, you should first bake the cookies, then press in the chocolate kisses. This is so that the chocolate will not blister or melt while in the oven.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned. If using chocolate kisses, gently press the chocolate into the soft cookie.